Mr. Fatzinger is a Senior Forensic Engineer involved in all aspects of accident reconstruction and collision analysis. He has extensive experience using the PC-Crash accident reconstruction program, and has performed vehicle tests ranging from handling and braking tests to full scale crash tests. He is also proficient at conducting failure analyses of vehicle components and systems.
Mr. Fatzinger received a Master of Science (M.S.) in Aerospace Engineering with an emphasis in Mechanics of Materials and Structural Testing from Embry Riddle University in 2001. He received a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (B.S.M.E.) from West Virginia University in 1997.
In addition to his advanced engineering degrees, Mr. Fatzinger has over ten years of experience as a mechanic in the repair and maintenance of both automobiles and motorcycles, and currently holds ASE certifications in Brakes, Suspension and Steering.
Mr. Fatzinger is an experienced motorcycle rider with over 30 years of experience and has a specialty in motorcycle accident reconstruction. He has conducted numerous research studies in motorcycle handling and safety. Selected pictures from some prior local and national races are posted below.
- An Analysis of Sport Bike Motorcycle Dynamics during Front Wheel Over-Braking
- An Analysis of EDR Data in Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R and ZX-10R Motorcycles Equipped with ABS (KIBS) and Traction Control (KTRC)
- An Analysis of EDR Data in Kawasaki Ninja 300 (EX300) Motorcycles
- The Effects of Power Interruption on Electronic Needle-Display Motorcycle Speedometers
- Disputed Red Light Accident
- "Kawasaki EDR," Southwestern Association of Technical Accident Investigators (SATAI) Summer Conference, Henderson, Nevada - July 2018.
- "Motorcycle Dynamics, Rider Safety, and Accident Reconstruction," Combined Claims Conference, Garden Grove, California - March 2017.
Recent Kawasaki EDR Testing